One of our favorite authors, Cheryl Renee Herbsman inspired us to start one of our own Friday Fives. Check out her amazing blog.
The way this works is each Friday morning we will post a prompt, question, topic, idea, etc that we will respond to. We will try to keep it general but also mostly related to books.
We encourage you to post your own response in the comments section, too.
If you decide to start your own Friday Five, please credit it back to Cheryl Renee Herbsman’s blog.
Not too long ago we started posting Cover Crazy. Every Monday we post a book cover that has caught our eye. We all know that the cover of a book can make or break the popularity of a book and many of us have already confessed that we do in fact (right or wrong) judge a book by it’s cover.
This week for the Friday Five, we are interested in knowing what FIVE books have you picked up solely because of the cover.
1. Zombies vs. Unicorns - I have to admit, the title AND the cover really influenced me!
2. Hush Hush – come on! That falling angel is hot!
3. Eragon - LOVE this cover! The dragon is so cool! This has been one of my all time favorite series… I just wish he’d hurry up and finish the last book!
4. Twilight – This is actually an interesting story… I was naming my cake decorating myspace page Twilight Cakes after a Nintendo game called Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. When I did a google search for pictures using the word “twilight” to add to my cake page I saw this book cover with two hands holding an apple over…and over…and over… and over…. Well, the next time I was in Sam’s Club, I picked up this book that I knew nothing about and the rest as they say is history.
5. Fallen - The cover of Fallen is probably one of the most beautiful book covers I have ever seen!
Halo by Alexandra Adornotto- I saw this book everytime I went in for groceries for probably a month, finally I caved and bought it. I love the way the sun is peaking through her wings- it really is beautiful.
Impossible by Nancy Werlin- another one I saw over and over again and finally read. There are two covers to this book, and I actually like the other one better, but this is the one that caught my eye in the first place and made me buy the book.
Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon- this one I saw on a few other blogs and every time the cover caught my eye. I love the pop of color in her dress and how if you look closely there is a lot going on in the background.
The Floating Islands by Rachel Neumeier- I picked this book up at NCTE last fall- there were so many people crowding around the tables that you didn’t have much time to look at anything besides the cover and this one got my attention right off the bat.
Chosen by Ted Dekker- this is another book that has multiple covers, but the colors on this one are amazing. Had I seen it with one of the other covers, which are much more monochromatic, I probably would never have picked the book up!